The Rural Sites Network and the Great Bear Writing Project (GBWP) at The University of Central Arkansas, hosts of the 2011 Rural Sites Network Conference on March 11–12, 2011, invite proposals for presentations that address this year’s theme — Overcoming Inequity: Creating Opportunities for ALL Rural Students. Proposals should be explicit about the ways that writing creates opportunities for diverse rural students and fosters resiliency or meaningful citizenship in a rural context.
Of particular interest are proposals for sessions that are interactive, encourage writing and responding, share ideas relevant to rural educators, and address one of the following issues:
· Teaching racially and linguistically diverse rural students
· Meeting the needs of English language learners in small rural schools
· Bridging technology inequities that impact rural students
· Sharing teacher inquiry about rural classrooms and schools
· Teaching to overcome stereotypes in rural schools
· Fostering resilience among rural students and teachers
· Supporting rural teacher leadership at NWP sites
· Promoting teacher retention and/or professional development in rural settings
· “Reading the Research” sessions
To submit a proposal, go to: http://www.uca.edu/writing/gbwp/rsnconference.php and complete the online proposal submission form.
· Proposals must be received by electronic submission no later than
November 5, 2010.
· These 75-minute sessions will take place on Saturday, March 12, 2011.
· Sessions with similar topics may be combined.
If you have any questions, please contact us at rsnconference [at] nwp [dot] org.